Visionary Activist Radio Show, hosted by Caroline Casey
Month: January 2008
Spritually Activated News: Rose Colored News
Good news for progressives about politics, the environment, health, and more: http://www.rosecolorednews.com/
Spiritually Activated Environmentalism: Green Hermeticism
- “A Green Surge” by Thomas P. Healy
- Green Hermeticism: David Levi Strauss in conversation with Peter Lamborn Wilson and Christopher Bamford
What is Green Hermeticism? It’s a response to the problem that there hasn’t been sufficient spiritual focus for the environmental movement. Without a spiritual focus, a movement like this doesn’t generate the kind of emotional energy that it needs to battle against global capitalism.
Victories in 2007
Good, tough news: Victories in 2007
Let’s Toast to Ten Good Things About 2007
More good, tough news: Let’s Toast to Ten Good Things About 2007 by Medea Benjamin
Global Flash Points: How to Spot Signs of Peace
Future good, tough news? Global Flash Points: How to Spot Signs of Peace
Learning To Love You More
Entertaining “assignments” from artist Miranda July:
- Perform the phone call someone else wished they could have.
- Give advice to yourself in the past.
- Reread your favorite book from fifth grade.
- Make a portrait of your friend’s desires.
Don’t Just Question Authority — Give It The Third Degree
Vote For Freedom?
Jonathan Zap: Oracle Cards
To use Jonathan’s ORACLE, go to http://www.zaporacle.com and click on the gold sphere at the top. Here are some quotes from the Oracle cards:
1. “The core of your relationships to people, sex, time, money, power, eating, politics, career, health, and spirituality is your relationship to yourself. Get that relationship right (a moment-by-moment challenge of epic proportions) and all those other relationships will be as good as they possibly can be. Omit, neglect, or distort any part of your relationship to yourself and all those other relationships will accordingly be diminished and distorted.”
2. “Find your spirit medicine and remember that what works for someone else, may not work for you (and vice-versa). Also what works for you when used consciously, sparingly, in just right the circumstances, might be disastrous as a habit.”
3. “The Warrior must be aware that the psyche is conservative in nature, preferring old, self-destructive neurotic patterns to the unknown. The Warrior must have the insight and determination to break those patterns, particularly those created by early childhood situations.”
4. “The liminal state is characterized by ambiguity, openness, and indeterminacy. One’s sense of identity dissolves to some extent, bringing about disorientation. Liminality is a period of transition where normal limits to thought, self-understanding, and behavior are relaxed — a situation which can lead to new perspectives.”
Jonathan Zap: Dream Interpretation
To find out about Jonathan’s DREAM INTERPRETATION service and other counseling services, go to http://www.zaporacle.com and click on the blue-green sphere. I have personally benefited greatly from doing dream work with him.
Jonathan Zap: Essays
The Glorified Body: Metamorphosis of the Body and the Crisis Phase of Human Evolution
Suffering associated with body image has reached such epidemic proportions in our culture that it must be counted as one of the greatest spiritual plagues ever to be visited upon mankind.
Resource Fluctuations Happen—-Working with Scarcity and Abundance
The Taoist assumption is that the universe is unfolding as it should. Resources fluctuate, and fluctuation is the heartbeat of life, an essential part of the dynamic aliveness and interest of incarnation. And it takes times of both abundance and scarcity, along with every other sort of fluctuation, for there to be development.
Projection: The Enemy of Peace and Justice
Environmental destruction, racism, violence, injustice, war derive from a
single source — the human psyche. An activist who is not interested in psychological underpinnings is analogous to a botanist who is not interested in biology.
The greatest of life skills is the ability to live with ambiguity, ambivalence, and paradox without trying to regularize these uncertainties into finished, absolute truths.
Kill the Time Grid and Fire up your Life: A Lesson in Practical Magic
The test of a big dream is to ask yourself, ‘Will I remember this well on my death bed?’ If you have a big dream you will probably find that to accomplish it will require a minimum of two hours of devoted activity per day.
The Path of the Numinous: Living and Working with the Creative Muse, or The Muse: Ego Can’t Live with Her, Creative Fulfillment Can’t Happen Without Her
Jonathan Zap: Website
This week I’m featuring the work of JONATHAN ZAP.
He’s putting together a collection of his writings in book form. For the moment, we have to be satisfied with reading his insights on his website at http://www.zaporacle.com.
Good News about the End of the World
Good News about the End of the World by Christine Breese
Kindness is the Key to Health and Happiness
Kindness is the Key to Health and Happiness by Susan Smalley
Buddha or Bust
Perry Garfinkel has a good book, Buddha or Bust: In Search of Truth, Meaning, Happiness, and the Man Who Found Them All
The 7 Habits Of Highly Spiritual People
The 7 Habits Of Highly Spiritual People by Perry Garfinkel